The Wolfson Foundation does not make grants directly to individuals or conduit organisations. The following are also ineligible for funding:
- Overheads, maintenance costs (including for software), VAT and professional fees
- Non-specific appeals (including circulars) and endowment funds
- Costs of meetings, exhibitions, concerts, expeditions, etc.
- The purchase of land or existing buildings (including a building's freehold)
- Film or promotional materials
- Repayment of loans
- Projects that have already been completed or will be by the time of award
- Projects where the total cost is below £15,000
For details of the types of projects that may be eligible, please see the relevant programme area pages.